" That's just the sort of blinkered, Philistine Pig ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage!"

John Cleese

Sunday, January 9, 2011

There's 3 Hours Of My Life I'll Never Get Back Again

Down 13-7 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the Chiefs decide to go for it on 4th and about a foot from the Ravens 30. Fall forward and you get the first. What do the Chiefs and Charlie Weiss come up with? A sweep to the right side to Dexter McCluster?! And it went downhill from there. Florida, you can have him.
Oh, and by the way, everyone on the planet knows Joe Flacco will throw it to either Todd Heap or Ray Rice out of the backfield on 3rd down every. fucking. time. He's not setting you up. He's not going to all of a sudden get a canon for an arm. It's OK to bring men up closer to the line of scrimmage and cover these guys. Really. He's that predictable. You needn't worry.

In all honesty, noone thought the Chiefs had a snowball's chance in hell of making it past the 2nd round (myself included) and this team is a year or two away still from being contenders in the AFC. But the arrow is pointing up.

Now we enter Sports Purgatory. The end of football to Pitchers and Catchers.
Yeah, I'll watch the rest of the NFL playoffs but college basketball is just sorta there and the less said about the NBA the better.

Keep breathing.....

3 comments:

Christo P. Ney said...

Um, yeah. That was...something(?).

Kinda Hayden-esque in a way.

I knew baseball was right around the corner when I heard Phil Rogers and Ed Farmer back to back yesterday on the radio. I forget every year how much I can't stand to listen to Farmer yet am entirely mesmerized on how he constructs sentences. He just packs so much narcissism and corporate shillery into such a tight package.

And this baseball season is in the bag for the Angels. They got Scott Downs and Hisanori Takahashi!!! It's about gettin' flags.

Anonymous said...

"I was talking to Guillen, in Spanish...."

That's our Farmio!

Snrub

Christo P. Ney said...

You remember that shit?!

That's in the top-three. Always followed by other broadcast nuggets that patently shows he can't speak Spanish. I just ties me in fitful knots and I don't know why I care!

Think I'm slowly becoming a Sox fan and have to weed out the stupidity of it before I fully embrace it.

I remember exactly where I was when he said that. Trader Joe's parking lot, hot afternoon day and I let out a screaming guffaw...by myself...waiting for Mrs. Ney to get off work.